StatCounter

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Inventory.

In the words of my dear Merriam-Webster, a blog is "a Web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer; also: the contents of such a site."

A blogger is a noun. That makes me the blogger in this situation. (Reminds me of Frogger. Anyone? I could never get past that level with the psycho frog shooting fireballs from some weird wand thing. But anyway.)

A blogging is also a noun. That sounds kind of nasty. Like what your cat leaves at the top of the basement stairs when you go out of town for a week. "Honey, Fluffy left a giant blogging on the new hardwood floors...ugh!" Or maybe some kind of medieval punishment. The prisoner gets a blogging for his (or her, no gender stereotypes here) attempted escape.

I feel like they should add "blogee" to the list of nouns. That's you. Doesn't it sound like a deli meat that could be paired with blue cheese or something? Sorry about that. Nothing personal, I swear.

Oh, and get this: the etymology (word origin, for those of you who don't have m-w.com on your favorites bar) of "blog" is, simply, that it's short for "Weblog." In the definition of blog, our dear Merriam-Webster made "Web site" two separate words. If you make "Weblog" two separate words, you get "Web log." So really, I'm just sitting here logging, and nothing I've said thus far has any real meaning.

So forgive me if I don't take this blogging thing too seriously.

4 comments:

  1. haha i love you... i was about to write "i love you,*your name* " but i havent seen your name written anywhere on here and i feel like maybe its supposed to stay a secret? because so far it just says "me." obviously i know who you are :) but i dont wanna give you away if that is somehow a part of this blogging. im new to this. if ya cant tell. anyways. i love this, and you, and you make me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I learned something today! Blog means web log. That makes sense. You are entertaining, I love to pretend like I am in 8th grade so I may become a follower :)

    ReplyDelete